Wedding Planning & Business Startup Course
Welcome to the wonderful world of weddings! Whether you are thinking of becoming a wedding planner or starting your own event planning business, this 3-month comprehensive and intensive skills-driven course is designed to equip students with the knowledge and competency to plan weddings or start their own wedding planning business. Incorporating practical training in the tools of the trade and internship opportunities, you will receive in-depth coaching by industry professionals with exposure to real life course work. If you are looking to advance your career and commit full time into in this exciting and dynamic wedding planning or event planning industry, then this is the course for you.
In order for you to immerse fully into this, you need to set aside every Friday (10am to 5pm) for 3 months or 2 full weeks (please see class schedule) for our coaches to train you face-to-face and to have sufficient time to complete all your projects. The classroom size is designed in such a way that no more than 8 students are accepted in each class, Hannah and Kim strongly believe in providing coaching and training in close proximity. There will also be other industry coaches on board to providing specific training on assigned topics. The key purpose of this training is to be comprehensively equipped before you take on the path of providing wedding planning services for your couples.
Upon completion you will:
- Gain an understanding of the wedding industry
- Be familiar with the role of a wedding planner in extensive perspective
- Gain a deeper insight into the anatomy of a wedding
- Understand how to create a proper business plan even before you embark on selling
- Learn how to create business tools like contracts and packages, and how to sell effectively beyond just packages
- Create your own mood board for concept presentation and translating inspiration into actual deliverables
- Understand how to budget and create realistic deadlines with couple
- Learn about the different vendors in the business and how to liaise and work with them for maximum benefits
- Undertake a personality test that will help you understand how to maximize your unique strengths
- Complete a written assessment based on what you have learnt in the course
- Have a one to one consultation and coaching session with either Kim or Hannah to understand what’s the next step after completion of this course.
At the end of the day, we aim to train our students beyond just learning about wedding planning, we want the students to be ready for the path of entrepreneurship. It is to be guided by the right coaches and connections that will put you on a path leading to success, and not on mere moments of trials and experience. So if you are ready to make this commitment to learn, Hannah, Kim and the assigned trainers are definitely ready to impart their knowledge to you.